Topics Map > ParklandOne
ParklandOne - Did Not Receive a Temporary Password From Admissions
Upon acceptance to the college, new students* are supposed to receive two email messages from email@example.com. The first contains their Parkland student ID number, username, and email address and the second contains their temporary password. For various reasons, this doesn't always occur. If you are impacted, please follow the steps below to proceed with setting up your ParklandOne account without the supplied account information.
*Community Education students will not receive account related messaging from Admissions. If Community Ed determines that you will need access to Cobra Learning for your course, they will send you an email that contains your username, advisement to follow the instructions below for setting up your ParklandOne account, and instructions for signing in and locating your course within Cobra.
If you need any assistance, please contact the Tech Service Desk.
It is highly recommended that you set up your ParklandOne account from a personal device prior to signing onto a Parkland machine for the first time. If that is not possible, please utilize a kiosk within the Tech Service Desk (Room A184), a kiosk on the second floor of the Student Union (U-Building), or a Parkland machine that doesn't require login.
1. Go to https://login.parkland.edu and enter your username. Not sure what your username is? Please click here or select the Forgot your username? link within the prompt. Once you enter your username, select Next.
2. Since you did not receive a temporary password, select the Forgot your password? link within the "Verify with your password" prompt.
3. Once selected, the system will send an email to the personal email address that Parkland has on file for you. if you don't receive it or if that account is no longer accessible to you, please contact the Tech Service Desk.
4. Navigate to your personal email account and once the verification link is clicked within the message (or the code is entered), you will be able to change your password and set up your security settings.
5. You will be prompted to create and confirm a new password. ParklandOne - Password Requirements
6. As you enter your new password, the requirements listed on the screen will update to let you know which ones have been met. The text turns from black to green and the "X" symbol turns into a check mark. In addition, below the password field, it will state in red which requirements are still needed. Numbers are not required, but count towards the character total. Spaces do not count as a required symbol, but count towards the character total.
The longer your password, the better. Do not reuse a password that you use on another site.
TIP: Create a memorable and unique sentence that meets all of the requirements.
This is required to access Parkland systems that utilize multi-factor authentication (MFA). MFA is an additional layer of security on top of your ParklandOne username and password and it is necessary to keep your account as safe as possible.
You will be shown a list of factor options. You must select Set up for at least one, but it is recommended that you set up more than one so you have a backup option for accessing Parkland systems.This does NOT mean that you will have to authenticate using all the methods each time you sign in.
To make an informed decision regarding which factor/s you want to set up, please see: ParklandOne - Compare the Multifactor Authentication (MFA) Options.
For detailed instructions, you may select on the applicable link/s below:
After setting up your first security method, you will be brought back to a list of the remaining factors. Note the Set up optional title at the top. You can either set up more factors or click the Set up later button at the bottom.
Employees may be prompted to input a secondary email which will serve as another means of receiving notifications from the system. Please input your personal (not Parkland) email address in the field provided and select Finish. ParklandOne - Update Your Secondary Email Address
Students should not be prompted to enter a secondary email address because the personal email address Parkland has on file for you has automatically been applied to this system.
Your ParklandOne account setup is complete and you will be signed into login.parkland.edu. This is where you will access your ParklandOne Settings moving forward and it also serves as your apps dashboard for Parkland systems.You can choose which application or website you would like to navigate to from the options presented.
Note: When you log into a Parkland service, if you have more than one factor set up, it will default to the last factor used on that device for that application. If you want to use a different factor, select the Verify with something else link on the password prompt.