New Student Email System Coming March 21 & Cobra Mail Going Away!
Posted: 16:21:33, Friday, Mar 11, 2016 Expiration: 16:21:33, Friday, Jul 1, 2016
· On Monday, March 21, 2016, the current student email system and Cobra Mail will go away and be replaced by a new, single student email system, Microsoft Outlook. You will no longer need to hassle with checking two separate Parkland accounts.
· Messages in the current Cobra Learning Mail system will NOT be accessible after the switch so you will need to print out or forward existing messages in your inbox to a personal account prior to 3/21, if you wish to retain them. Existing sent mail will remain and will be accessible. For information on how the Outlook widget within Cobra Learning will work, please check out https://kb.parkland.edu/page.php?id=60731.
· When you click on the “Email” icon on https://my.parkland.edu/ or when you go to stu.parkland.edu, you will be presented with two options. Novell Student Email on the left is the OLD email system. Since existing mail will not be transferred to the new system, we are making the old system available through the end of the Spring ’16 semester. Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook) on the right is the NEW web-based email system. Any messages sent to email@example.com after 3/20 will show up there. This is the email system that you will need to use for sending and receiving messages beginning on 3/21.
· Microsoft Outlook has four separate components – Mail, Calendar, People (contacts), and Tasks (to-do list). For training information, please check out https://kb.parkland.edu/page.php?id=53781.
· It is accessible via web and smart phones – you can access your email via a web page or download the email client on your smart phone or computer. For install instructions, please check out https://kb.parkland.edu/page.php?id=51998.
· You will have a much larger mailbox quota – 50GB.
· Your current student email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) will remain the same.
· If you currently have your Parkland student email forwarded to another account, you will need to set that up again in the new system as those settings will not transfer. For instructions on creating a redirect rule in Outlook, please check out https://kb.parkland.edu/page.php?id=54152.
-- Parkland College: Sara Stone
Created: 06:27:51, Friday, Mar 11, 2016 (by Sara S.)
Updated: 10:52:24, Tuesday, Apr 19, 2016 (by Sara S.)