Microsoft Office 365 - Introduction, Overview, and Access
Office 365 is a subscription service available for free to all Parkland employees and students who have an active Parkland email account. The subscription ensures you always have the most up-to-date, modern productivity tools from Microsoft and you'll always have the latest features, fixes, and security updates. Your account entitles you to have up to five licenses which allows for installation on all of your personal devices.
In addition to the robust Office desktop apps that you’re familiar with, like Word, PowerPoint, and Excel (see installation instructions below if installing on a non Parkland owned device), you also get extra online storage (OneDrive) and cloud-connected features that let you collaborate on files in real time. Office Online can be used via your web browser on any machine by going to https://go.parkland.edu and signing in with your ParklandOne username and password. Please note that only the most commonly used features are available in the online apps and therefore, the installed Office suite is recommended for students completing their coursework.
Microsoft Multi factor authentication is now REQUIRED for access to Parkland Office 365 accounts/applications. You MUST set up your MFA preferences by following the instructions listed here: Office 365 - Multi Factor Authentication Set Up
How do I install the full Microsoft Office 365 suite on my personal device/s and what are the system requirements? Also, what do I do if I just want to access Office apps via the web?
How do I install Parkland email (Outlook) on my phone or mobile device?
Where can I get help with Microsoft Office 365?
- The Parkland College Tech Service Desk - See contact information in the footer below.
- https://support.office.com/ is a great searchable Microsoft site for all Office 365 related questions.
- The Parkland College KnowledgeBase (KB) has a thorough collection of Office 365 related articles - https://kb.parkland.edu/search.php?q=office+365&cat=0.
- Office 365 (Outlook 2013 / 2016 / 2019 for Win) - Outlook Client Training for Windows
- Office 365 (Web) - Training - (Outlook Mail / Calendar / People / Tasks)
- Office 365 (Outlook 2016/2019) - Outlook Client Training for Mac
- Student Email - Information, Training, and Resources
Summer Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th.