Parkland College - BYOD Tech Preparation Checklist and Resources for Students
Parkland sections that end in a "T" for Technology indicates that it is a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) course and that students will need to bring their own laptop to class.
BYOD Tech Preparation Checklist:
1. Activate your ParklandOne password (to be completed in advance of start date)
ParklandOne - How to Enroll in the Password Management System
2. Confirm your device meets the minimum laptop requirements (to be completed in advance of start date)
Parkland College - Minimum Laptop Requirements for BYOD Courses
3. Install Microsoft Office 365 (to be completed in advance of start date)
Office 365 (Personal Devices - Windows) - Installing Office 2016 and/or Accessing the Online Apps
Office 365 (Personal Devices - Mac) - Installing Office 2016 and/or Accessing the Online Apps
4. Confirm that you have antivirus software installed (to be completed in advance of start date)
5. Ability to connect to the "Parkland" Wi-Fi network
Parkland Wi-Fi (Student Access) - Connecting to Parkland
BYOD Tech Resources:
1. Additional Help Articles:
wePresent / MirrorOp Resources for Students (This may be an application that your instructor will have you use in class)
Parkland College - Printing Information for BYOD Courses
How do Students Request IT Help?
Parkland College - Dell Laptops For Sale in the Bookstore (Fall 2017)
2. If you are having any technical issues with the systems mentioned
above, please contact the Tech Service Desk for assistance. Please be sure to mention that you are needing technical help with your BYOD course. Their contact information is in the footer at the bottom of this article.
3. If your device is lost, stolen, or damaged, you are expected to have the laptop repaired or replaced right away, however, Windows laptops are available for temporary checkout (max of 3 hours per day) from the Parkland Library. For more information, please see Borrowing Laptops and Other Devices from the Library .