Topics Map > Microsoft Office 365
Topics Map > ParklandOne
ParklandOne Password Change - How Does This Impact Mobile Office 365 Apps
Please note: It is difficult to capture all of the behaviors across the myriad of devices. As such, this is intended to be a general guide for what to expect with Outlook, Skype for Business, and OneDrive on your iPhone or Android device. Also, if you sign in to your organizational account in one app, it may not prompt you to do so in the other apps.
1. The Outlook App may not prompt for updated credentials immediately following a password change and you will still be able to send and receive new messages, but when it does it will look like this. Tap Sign in (as pictured at the bottom of the image) and you will be redirected to Parkland’s sign in page.
2. Enter your new password and tap Sign in. You will now be reconnected.
Outlook (Native) - iPhone
1. Each phone carrier may modify the included “Native Email App” so the information provided here may not directly apply to your experience on your phone. It may not prompt for updated credentials immediately following a password change and you will still be able to send and receive new messages, but when it does it will look like this. Tap Edit Settings (Note: This prompt may immediately appear a second time and you will want to tap Edit Settings once again).
2. You will see a prompt to re-enter your password. Please enter your new ParklandOne password.
3. Fill in your new password and tap Sign In.
4. You may see a prompt to update your password in your iCloud keychain. Select Update Password.
5. You may receive a Microsoft verification code as a text message which you will need to enter at the next prompt that appears. Once the code is entered, tap Verify.
1. In our findings, Skype for Business immediately prompted users to update their credentials. You may get a message saying, “We can't sign you in. Please check your account details, advanced options and try again.” as seen here. Click OK.
2. You will then be presented with a sign in prompt. Enter your new password and tap Sign in.
1. OneDrive may not immediately prompt users to update their credentials and you can continue to open and save files but when it does, you may get a message saying, “Your account has problems. Tap here for details.” as seen here. Go ahead and tap that bar.
2. You should now see the following prompt. Tap Sign In and enter your new password. You should now be reconnected to OneDrive.
1. The Outlook App may not prompt for updated credentials immediately following a password change, but when it does it will look like this. Tap Sign In and you will be redirected to Parkland’s sign in page.
2. Fill in your new password and tap Sign In.
Each phone manufacturer or carrier may modify the included “Native Email App” so the information provided here may not directly apply to your experience on your phone. However, in our experience the native app produced notifications when attempting to send a new email. These notifications warned that our email message was not sent and that our sign-in attempt failed as pictured below.
1. Click on Settings and then Accounts.
2. Select Microsoft Exchange Active…
3. Tap Settings.
4. Tap your email address.
5. Tap Password.
6. Enter your new password and tap OK.
7. You may see a confirmation showing that your credentials have now been successfully updated.
1. Skype for Business will prompt users with a message saying, “Your Exchange login credentials aren’t valid. Try updating your Exchange or Skype for Business credentials” as seen here.
2. To update your credentials, you will need to sign out and then sign back in. Start by taping on the person icon in the top left and you will see a menu like this.
3. Select Sign Out. You will now see the login page with an error message stating, “We can’t sign you in. Please check your account info and try again” as seen here. Replace the dots with your new password and tap the arrow to sign in again.
1. Note: If you are using the Outlook App or other Office Apps and you have updated your password on your device for one of those apps, you may not be prompted to change your credentials for OneDrive.
The prompt we received from OneDrive was not clear about the issue. It said “Make sure you’re connected to a Wi-Fi or mobile network and try again.” To update your credentials for OneDrive, you need to sign out and sign back in. You can sign out by taping the “Me” button in the lower right.
2. Tap Sign Out and you will be prompted to confirm your desire to sign out.
3. Tap OK and you will be directed to Microsoft’s sign in page.
4. Enter your full email address and click on the arrow next to that field.
5. It seems logical that this should take you to a password prompt, but in our experience, we ended up with this. You will need to tap the "Me" icon once again and select Sign Out a second time.
6. Close completely out of the OneDrive app using the “Recently Used Apps” button/menu. Then, start OneDrive back up.
7. You will be directed back to Microsoft’s sign in page. Enter your full email address and tap the arrow once again. You will then be directed to Parkland’s sign in page. Fill in your new password and tap Sign In.
- ParklandOne Password Change - What Are The Effects?
- ParklandOne - How to Change Your Password (if you are already enrolled in Password Station)
Phone/Virtual Assistance: 217-353-3333 * email@example.com
Fall/Spring: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th. / 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Fridays
Summer: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th