Parkland College - BYOD Tech Preparation Checklist and Resources for Students
If a course section number ends in a "T" (for Technology), that means it is a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) course. For BYOD courses, students must bring their own laptop to class.
BYOD Tech Preparation Checklist (to be completed in advance of course start date):
- Create your ParklandOne password - ParklandOne - How to Enroll in the Password Management System
- Set up Okta multi-factor authentication - Okta - Register Your Account
- Confirm your device meets the minimum laptop requirements - Parkland College - Minimum Laptop Requirements for BYOD Courses
- Install Microsoft Office 365 - Office 365 - Installing or Accessing Online (Windows and Mac)
- Confirm you have antivirus software installed - Antivirus Software for Personal Devices
Additional BYOD Tech Resources:
- Wi-Fi - Access the "Parkland" Network (for students and guests)
- [Link for document 65983 is unavailable at this time]
- wePresent / MirrorOp Resources for Students (this is an application that your instructor may have you use in class)
- If you are having any technical issues, please contact the Tech Service Desk.
- If your device is lost, stolen, or damaged, Windows laptops may be available for checkout from the Learning Commons.