Okta - Setup and Use SMS Authentication
This article reviews the process of how to set up Okta MFA with SMS Authentication and how to use it to log into Okta services.
SMS Authentication sends a code to the mobile phone number that was entered during the setup process. The code is then entered into the MFA prompt to allow authentication to the service.
Setup SMS Authentication
- On the Set up multifactor authentication screen, click the Setup button below the SMS Authentication option.
- Select your country from the list, enter the mobile phone you would like to use for SMS, then click Send Code.
- Once you receive your 6-digit code, input the code from your phone into the Enter Code box and click Verify.
- SMS Authentication is now set up and ready for use.
Using SMS Authentication
- When you attempt to access a service that is secured behind MFA, you will have the option to enter a code via SMS.
- On the SMS Authentication entry screen, click the Send Code button. If you don't click the Send Code button, you will never receive a code!
- Enter the code that was sent to the phone number associated with your Okta profile and click Verify.
- If the code was entered correctly, you should now be directed to the service you were trying to connect to successfully.