Cobra Learning: Continuity of Instruction
In the event of a college closure, this article will assist you with how to conduct your class online using Cobra Learning.
Logging into Cobra Learning
- Log into my.Parkland and click on the Cobra Learning button (you will be sent to the Okta login page to provide your ParklandOne username and password)
- Go to http://cobra.parkland.edu and use your Parkland credentials to log in
Communicating with Students
- Click the dropdown menu next to the Announcements widget title and select New News Item.
- Enter a headline or title for the announcement.
- Enter content for your message.
- Click Publish.
- Go to classlist and select the students to whom you want to send a message by checking the box next to their name. Click the email link above the classlist and compose your message. Click Send. When students reply to this message, it will be in your Parkland email account.
- Click on the envelope icon in the mini bar at the top of the course homepage. Click the email link to open a compose message window. You can type your students' name and/or email address into the To, CC, or BCC address bars; or you can click on Address Book to locate your students' addresses there.
- Click on Outlook in the Office 365 widget on the Cobra homepage to open your Parkland email account.
- Click into the module to which you want to add content. Click the Upload/Create button.
- Select Upload Files then select the location of the files you want to upload (i.e. My Computer, OneDrive, etc.)
- Click the Upload button in the Add a File window and search your location for the file(s) to upload.
- Click Add.
Types of Content to Add
- Course Schedule
- Lecture notes (NOTE: if you upload text-based lecture notes, ReadSpeaker can provide text-to-voice for students).
- Videos (see TechSmith Relay)
- Study guides
- Webpage links, such as Ted Talks, YouTube, CNN, etc.
Creating Grade Items
- Click the New button, and then Item. (You can create categories, if you choose).
- Select Numeric as the Grade Type (as this is the type for entering a number grade).
- Give your grade item a name (i.e. Quiz 1). (Select the category, if you set up a category).
- Enter the Maximum Point value for the item (i.e. 10 points).
- Click Save and Close.
- Repeat steps 1 through 5 for each grade item.
- Locate the Grade Item to which you want to enter grades and click the dropdown menu next to the item. Select Enter Grades.
- Enter the grade into the Grade box for each student. (You can enter feedback for the student in the box to the right of their grade by clicking the pencil icon).
- Click Save and Close.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 on the remaining grade items.
- Click on the Switch to Spreadsheet View button at the top left of the gradebook.
- Locate the Grade Item column to which you want to enter grades.
- Enter the grades for each student.
- Continue to the next grade item and enter grades for each student.
- When you have finished, click Save.
- Cobra Learning - Techsmith Knowmia
- Cobra Learning - Creating and Managing Dropbox
- Cobra Learning - Using Quizzes
- Cobra Learning - Creating discussion forums and topics
Phone/Virtual Assistance: 217-353-3333 * email@example.com
Fall/Spring: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th. / 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Fridays
Summer: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th