Please note: It is difficult to capture all of the behaviors across the myriad of devices. As such, this is intended to be a general guide for what to expect with Wi-Fi on your mobile device.
The PCNet Wi-Fi network is intended for employees and the Parkland network is intended for students and guests.
1.Your connection to the Wi-Fi network will remain active until your device attempts to re-authenticate. When you go to Settings and then Wi-Fi, and try to click on PCNet or Parkland, you may see a message saying that it is unable to join the network. Click OK to this and instead click on the "i" next to the network you would like to rejoin as pictured to the right of the arrow below (PCNet for employees / Parkland for students & guests).
2. Select Forget This Network.
3. Select Forget.
4. Enter your username and your new password and select Join.
5. If you see a certificate message, select Trust.
6. It will indicate with a check mark that you are now connected.
1. Your connection to the PCNet WiFi network will remain active until your device attempts to re-authenticate. When it does attempt to re-authenticate, you may see a notification alerting you that there are “Wi-Fi networks available” like this. You will want to click on that prompt and you will be taken to a Wi-Fi network selection tool.
2. Notice that the PCNet wireless network shows that an “Authentication error occurred”. You must PRESS and HOLD the network that you are trying to connect to. A short tap will not get you to the proper screen.
3. Select Forget network.
4. After the network is forgotten, re-search for Wi-Fi networks, select the proper Parkland network (PCNet for employees / Parkland for students & guests), and re-add it, entering your username and updated password.