Room A184, 217-353-3333
Fall/Spring: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th. / 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Fridays
Summer: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th
Submit an IT Help Ticket via services.parkland.edu
Please note: It is difficult to capture all of the behaviors across the myriad of devices. As such, this is intended to be a general guide for what to expect with Outlook, Microsoft Teams, and OneDrive on your iPhone or Android device. Also, if you sign in to your organizational account in one app, it may not prompt you to do so in the other apps. Office 365 access requires Okta multifactor authentication. For instructions on setting up Okta MFA, please see Okta - Register Your Account .
1. The Outlook App may not prompt for updated credentials immediately following a password change and you will still be able to send and receive new messages, but when it does it will look like this. Tap Sign in (as pictured at the bottom of the image) and you will be redirected to Parkland’s sign in page.
2. Enter your ParklandOne credentials and tap Verify.
Outlook (Native) - iPhone
1. Each phone carrier may modify the included “Native Email App” so the information provided here may not directly apply to your experience on your phone. It may not prompt for updated credentials immediately following a password change and you will still be able to send and receive new messages, but when it does it will look like this. Tap Edit Settings (Note: This prompt may immediately appear a second time and you will want to tap Edit Settings once again).
2. You will be taken to the ParklandOne login page. Enter you ParklandOne credentials and press Verify.
3. You may be asked to verify with Okta.
4. Once verified, you will be returned to the settings page. Exit this page, and you will be able to use the app as normal.
Microsoft Teams (App) - iPhone:
1. In our findings, Teams will immediately redirect you to the ParklandOne login page after a password change. Enter your credentials and tap Verify.
2. You may then be asked to verify using Okta. Once you have verified, you will be returned to the app and can use it as normal.
1. OneDrive may not immediately prompt users to update their credentials and you can continue to open and save files but when it does, you may get a message saying, “Your account has problems.” as seen here. Go ahead and tap that bar.
2. You should now see the following prompt. Tap Sign In and enter your new password.
3. You may be asked to verify using Okta. Once you have verified, you will be returned to the app and can use it as normal.
1. The Outlook App may not prompt for updated credentials immediately following a password change, but when it does it will look like this. Tap Sign In and you will be redirected to Parkland’s sign in page.
2. Fill in your new password and tap Verify.
3. You will then be asked to verify using Okta, like so.
Every phone manufacturer can modify the native email app included with the phone, so your native email app may behave differently than the pictures included here. Your screen may look different, but you can use the steps below as a general guideline for how to navigate your app.
In our testing, the email app continued to sync after changing the Parkland One password. You may not notice a problem until your phone is restarted. The image below shows a notification indicating that the email authorization failed, and the password needs to be changed.
1. Open the Email app from the app icon, or tap the notification to be taken to the Email app. You may see a message in the app like the one below telling you to sign in
2. Tap the message to enter your password.
3. After entering your password, tap OK. It may take you to the ParklandOne sign in page to enter your password again.
4. If you don’t see a warning message, you may be able to change the password from settings. Tap the three lines in the upper left to bring up the menu.
5. Tap Settings. This may also look like a small gear icon.
6. Under Accounts, tap your e-mail address.
7. Tap Exchange Server Settings.
8. If you see a spot to enter you password, type it in and tap Save.
9. If the password is correct, you email should start syncing again. There may be an indicator that tells you when it was last synced.
Microsoft Teams (App) - Android:
1. Teams will show a notification that says the user "needs to sign in to see new messages" as seen below.
2. Tapping on the notification or opening the Teams app will automatically take you to the ParklandOne login screen.
3. Enter your ParklandOne username and password and tap sign in. On the next screen, enter your multi-factor authentication code and tap Verify.
4. Once you have verified your code, you should be able to use Teams normally again.
1. Upon logging in after a password change, OneDrive will inform you of a problem with your account. Click OK.
2. A prompt asking you to sign in again to fix the issues will appear. Click Sign In.
3. Enter you ParklandOne credentials and click Verify.
4. You will be asked to verify using Okta, as shown below.
5. After verifying, you should be able to use OneDrive as normal.