wePresent User Guide (Mac) for Students
1. To connect to the wePresent device please ask your instructor for the IP Address of the wePresent device. Also, ask your instructor for the Passcode. Note: If your instructor does not know the Passcode or IP Address yet, have them turn on the projector and toggle the input on the projector’s remote control or use the Hitachi projector control software located on the instructor's workstation to select the wePresent device. Once the correct input has been selected on the projector, the Passcode and IP Address will appear on the projector screen.
2. Launch the MirrorOp application.
3. Before connecting to the wePresenter device, evaluate the current username MirrorOp will use to connect to the wePresenter device. From the Menubar under MirrorOp select Preferences.
Observe the username in the “Name” field and evaluate for appropriateness. Note: This username is essentially your “display” name which will be displayed to your classmates via the projector screen while you’re connected to the wePresenter device. Please change the name if it might be found offensive and select OK.
4. Enter the IP Address you obtained in step 1 in the entry field and click CONNECT.
5. Enter the Passcode obtained in step 1 and click OK.
Once the correct Passcode has been entered, your tool bar will collapse and look like this if the audio driver is installed and the sound is not muted:
If the audio driver is not installed or the audio is muted, you’ll see this…
If audio is needed, please see wePresent Software Installation for Audio (Mac) for Students .
Below are some screen shots with a brief explanation of the basic operation for sharing your screen.
(As you pass your mouse over the interface, the various controls will turn blue.)
1. Selecting the triangle will expand the device list to show you which wePresenter you’re connected to, or to select a different wePesenter device.
2. Selecting the Grid icon will present you with options for the location of your screen. To select your preferred location, hover your mouse cursor over your desired location and click.
3. To start presenting click the play button. To Pause or Stop presenting, click the Pause or Stop button.
4. Toggle the speaker button to pass or mute your devices sound.
5. To expand the interface by toggling the expand button located here.