Topics Map > BYOD
wePresent Software Installation (Mac) for Students
Your instructor will inform you if they would like for you to install this software for use in the classroom. The steps in this document are necessary for any student wanting to share their screen on a classroom projector that is configured with a wePresent device. Please follow these directions to install the software on your Macintosh computer.
1. Open up a browser and browse to http://www.wepresentwifi.com/downloads.html.
2. Select the Mac tab and Click “Download Now”.
3. A disk image with the software you need will save to your system wherever your browser is configured to save downloads. The default for most browsers is the Downloads folder.
4. Begin the installation by clicking on your Downloads folder in your dock and selecting the downloaded disk image file. As of this writing its name is MirrorOpMac.dmg.
5. The disk image file will open in a Finder window presenting the software named MirrorOp with an arrow pointing to an Applications folder. Drag and drop MirrorOp to this Applications folder to install it on your computer.(Due to a bug in the first release of macOS Sierra 10.12 you might see what looks like a document icon instead of a folder as demonstrated below).
6. Now double click the same Applications folder and find the MirrorOp application you just copied there.
7. From inside the Applications folder drag and drop the MirrorOp software you just copied to a location in your dock so that you can easily launch it from there when needed. (In the picture below you can see the icon in the dock on the right that I just placed there.)
8. On the left side of the Finder window where it says Devices look under it and you should see MirrorOp with an eject symbol next to it. Click the eject symbol.
9. You can now launch MirrorOp from your dock by just clicking it.
10. Upon launching for the first time you will be prompted with the following message. Select Open.(This could look different depending on what version of the macOS you have installed.)
11. You should see an opening screen similar to this…
12. Click the arrow pointing right in the bottom right corner of the window to advance through it. While doing this you might be prompted with a message to update. Select OK.
13. After a minute the update will download, quit the MirrorOp application, and present a Finder window for you to copy the MirrorOp application into the Application folder again…this time it’s a newer version.
14. Once you’ve copied the new version into the Applications folder, be sure to eject the disk image by selecting the eject symbol next to the MirrorOp device on the left side.
15. This installed the video portion to mirror. If Audio is needed, follow the wePresent Software Installation for Audio (Mac) for Students.
16. Please see wePresent User Guide (Mac) for Students for instructions on connecting to the wePresent device and using the MirrorOp software.