Parkland Wi-Fi - Wireless Network Options
A description of the various Parkland wireless networks and what each one is used for.
- The "Parkland" Wi-Fi option is intended for use by Parkland students and guests.
- Logins with ParklandOne credentials are retained for 2 weeks preventing the need to authenticate on a daily basis as long as the device is active on Parkland’s Wi-Fi network within the 2 week timeframe. Note: Students must have an active Parkland email account in order to sign on to the Parkland Wi-Fi with their ParklandOne credentials. Parkland Wi-Fi (Student and Guest Access) - Connecting to Parkland
- Guests may log in using their Facebook or Google credentials. You will need to connect to the "Parkland" network, and then select the appropriate authentication choice. Timeout is set to 2 hours. This will reduce the need for guest account creation. For more information, please see [Link for document 47330 is unavailable at this time.] .
- Traffic on the Parkland SSID is not encrypted (unless you are accessing a secure site via HTTPS).
- Users will be given limited access to Parkland network resources.
- The "PCNet" Wi-Fi option is intended for use by Parkland employees for both personal and Parkland-owned devices.
- Logins with ParklandOne credentials will be stored and retained preventing the need to authenticate on a daily basis.
- Traffic on PCNet is encrypted. (Note: user must accept the SSL certificate when prompted).
- Personal devices will be given limited access to Parkland network resources.
- Parkland-owned devices will be granted full access to the Parkland network.
- Note: When first connecting to PCNet, additional information must be provided. Enter your ParklandOne username and password when prompted for Identity and Password. Leave all other entries blank or at the default.
- The "Eduroam" Wi-Fi option intended for use by guests from Eduroam affiliated institutions by using their school’s credentials (full email address and password). For more information, please see Parkland Wi-Fi - Eduroam .
- Traffic on Eduroam is encrypted. (User must accept the SSL certificate when prompted).
- Guests will be given limited access to Parkland network resources.
- Parkland users (with an active Parkland email account) may login to other Eduroam affiliated locations by entering their full Parkland email address and ParklandOne password.