Topics Map > Wi-Fi
Parkland Wi-Fi - Wireless Network Options
A description of the various Parkland wireless networks and what each one is used for.
Details regarding the various SSIDs:
- This SSID is intended for use by Parkland students and guests.
- Logins with ParklandOne credentials are retained for 2 weeks preventing the need to authenticate on a daily basis as long as the device is active on Parkland’s Wi-Fi network within the 2 week timeframe. The previous timeout was 6 hours which required users to login each day.
- Additional authorization methods have been added. Guests may now login by using their Facebook or Google credentials. They will need to connect to the "Parkland" SSID, and then select the appropriate authentication choice. Timeout is set to 2 hours. This will reduce the need to create guest accounts. For more information, please see Parkland Wi-Fi - Guest Access .
- Traffic on the Parkland SSID is not encrypted (unless you are accessing a secure site via HTTPS).
- Users will be given limited access to Parkland network resources.
NOTE: The "PCNet" SSID has been designed to replace both the "Campus" and "Devices" SSIDs. Please delete "Devices" and use "PCNet" moving forward.
- Intended for use by Parkland employees for both personal and Parkland-owned devices.
- For Parkland-owned devices that previously connected to the "Campus" SSID, please see “Campus” Wi-Fi SSID has Moved to New Authentication Server (Faculty and Staff) - Instructions for Access .
- Logins with ParklandOne credentials will be stored and retained preventing the need to authenticate on a daily basis.
- Traffic on the PCNet SSID is encrypted. (Note: user must accept the SSL certificate when prompted).
- Personal devices will be given limited access to Parkland network resources.
- Parkland-owned devices will be granted full access to the Parkland network.
- Note: When first connecting to PCNet, additional information must be provided. Enter your ParklandOne username and password when prompted for Identity and Password. Leave all other entries blank or at the default.
- Intended for use by guests from Eduroam affiliated institutions by using their school’s credentials (full email address and password). For more information, please see Parkland Wi-Fi - Eduroam .
- Traffic on the Eduroam SSID is encrypted. (User must accept the SSL certificate when prompted).
- Guests will be given limited access to Parkland network resources.
- Parkland users may login to other Eduroam affiliated locations by entering their full Parkland email address and ParklandOne password.