wePresent User Guide (Mac)
These instructions are for anyone who would like to mirror their Mac to a wePresent device using MirrorOp. If you haven't already done so, you will first need to install the MirrorOp application which is used in conjunction with the wePresent device. wePresent MirrorOp Software Installation (Mac)
1. In the wePresent equipped room, the user will need to turn on the projector and toggle the input on the projector’s remote control or use the Hitachi projector control software located on the instructor's workstation to select the wePresent device. In a wePresent equipped conference room, please make sure to select the proper input, often HDMI2. Once the correct input has been selected on the projector or display, the Passcode and IP Address will appear on the screen.
2. Launch the MirrorOp application on your device.
3. Before connecting to the wePresent device, evaluate the current username MirrorOp will use to connect to the wePresent device. From the Menu bar under MirrorOp select Preferences.
For students, change the username in the “Name” field and evaluate for appropriateness.
Note: This username is essentially your “display” name which will be displayed to your classmates via the projector screen while you’re connected to the wePresent device.
Once this is done, close the window by clicking the Red Circle in the upper left-hand corner of the window.
4. Enter the hostname or IP Address you obtained in step 1 and click CONNECT.
5. Enter the Passcode obtained in step 1 and click OK.
6. You will now be prompted to allow MirrorOp to use Screen Recording in System Settings. Click Open System Settings.
7. Click the blue toggle switch to the right of "MirrorOp".
8. You will now be prompted to quit and reopen MirrorOp. Click Quit & Reopen.
If System Settings is still open, you can close it by clicking the Red Circle in the upper left-hand corner of the window.
9. Now that MirrorOp has restarted, you will need to reenter the IP address and Passcode displayed on the projector or display.
Once the correct Passcode has been entered, your tool bar will collapse and look like this if the audio driver is installed and the sound is not muted:
If the audio driver is not installed or the audio is muted, you’ll see this…
If audio is needed, please see wePresent MirrorOp Installation for Audio (Mac).
Below are some screen shots with a brief explanation of the basic operation for sharing your screen.
(As you pass your mouse over the interface, the various controls will turn blue.)
1. Selecting the triangle will expand the device list to show you which wePresenter you’re connected to, or to select a different wePesenter device.
2. Selecting the Grid icon will present you with options for the location of your screen. To select your preferred location, hover your mouse cursor over your desired location and click.
3. To start presenting click the play button. To Pause or Stop presenting, click the Pause or Stop button.
4. Toggle the speaker button to pass or mute your devices sound.
5. To expand the interface, toggle the expand button located here.