Topics Map > Microsoft Office 365
Topics Map > BYOD
Office 365 - Installing or Accessing Online (Windows and Mac)
Students, employees, and retirees (with an active Parkland email account) are eligible to receive 5 licenses of the Microsoft Office 365 suite (Windows and Mac) for all of your personal devices for free. The software suite includes Microsoft Word, Excel, OneDrive (includes 1TB of OneDrive storage), and PowerPoint, along with features like Teams, OneNote, Flow, Planner and more. You can use these licenses until you no longer have an active Parkland email account (due to graduation, resignation, etc.). Students will lose access to their Parkland Office 365 subscription after two years of non-enrollment at the College.
1. Open up a web browser and navigate to go.parkland.edu/.
2. Enter your ParklandOne username and password and click Sign in. You will then need to authenticate through Okta. You will be redirected to the site where you can download and install the full version of the software or simply access the web-based versions of the applications. The online apps are available in the section that says, "Apps". Simply click on the item you would like to open.The web-based apps are a great option if you are on the go as they can be accessed from any computer/tablet/phone that has internet access.The latest version of Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari is recommended. The web-based version of Word is not recommended for students taking Humanities courses as many instructors require the installed version of Word.
If you would like to proceed with installing the full version of Office on to your personal device, review the system requirements below and then click on Install Office. Select Office 365 apps and proceed through the rest of the instructions below.
3. Follow the instructions below to complete installing your Office apps.
- Depending on your browser, select Run (in Microsoft Edge), Setup (in Chrome), or Save File (in Firefox).
- If you see a User Account Control prompt that says, Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? Select Yes. The installation will begin.
- Your install is finished when you see the phrase, "You're all set! Office is installed now" and an animation plays to show you where to find Office applications on your computer. Select Close.
Mac OS Devices:
- Once the download has completed, open Finder, go to Downloads, and double-click Microsoft Office installer.pkg file (the name might vary slightly).
- On the first installation screen, select Continue to begin the installation process.
- Review the software license agreement, and then click Continue.
- Select Agree to agree to the terms of the software license agreement.
- Choose how you want to install Office and click Continue. Review the disk space requirements or change your install location, and then click Install.
- Enter your Mac login password (this is the password that you use to log in to your Mac), if prompted, and then click Install Software.
- Click Close when the installation is finished.
- Click the Launchpad icon in the Dock to display all of your apps.
Please note that it could take up to an hour to install the Office suite. Please allow up to 2 hours for all services to be available. Complete Windows and Mac install instructions and screenshots can be found on the following Microsoft support page: Download and install or reinstall Microsoft 365 or Office 2021 on a PC or Mac
4. You may download and use up to five copies of Microsoft Office at a time. Please note that Office will sign you out of devices automatically to stay within your sign-in limit.
Where can I get help with Microsoft Office 365?
- The Parkland College Tech Service Desk - See contact information in the footer below.
- https://support.office.com/ is a great searchable Microsoft site for all Office 365 related questions.
- The Parkland College KnowledgeBase (KB) has a thorough collection of Office 365 related articles - https://kb.parkland.edu/search.php?q=office+365&cat=0.