Topics Map > Microsoft Office 365
Topics Map > BYOD
Office 365 (Office 2019) - Installing and / or Accessing Online (Windows and Mac)
Students, employees, and retirees (with an active Parkland email account) are eligible to receive 5 licenses of the Microsoft Office 2019 Suite (Windows and Mac) for personal use for free. The software suite includes Microsoft Word, Excel, OneDrive, and PowerPoint (includes 1TB of OneDrive storage) along with features like OneNote, Flow, Planner and more. You can use these licenses until you no longer have an active Parkland email account (due to graduation, resignation, etc.). At expiration, the Office 2019 applications enter a reduced-functionality mode, which means documents can be viewed but it isn’t possible to edit or create new documents. In addition, online services associated with your Parkland email address like Office 365 on the web and OneDrive will no longer work.
Please Note: Parkland employees are not to install this product on their office computers.
Office 365 - Windows System Requirements for Client Install - XP and Vista are not compatible with Office 365.
Supported Browsers (for Office on the web): The latest version of Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari is recommended for non-Parkland owned devices. If you are on a Parkland machine, please do not attempt to manually update your browser unless there is an update available and/or required through Software Center.)
Student email accounts get deactivated after two years of non-enrollment and messages cannot be recovered once the account is deleted. Students will receive an email alert informing them of the pending deactivation 60 days prior to that action being taken.
1. Open up a web browser and navigate to go.parkland.edu/
2. Enter your ParklandOne username and password (for more information on creating a ParklandOne account, please see ParklandOne - FAQ and click Sign in. You will then need to go through the Okta MFA process. You will be redirected to the site where you can download and install the full version of the software or simply access the web-based versions of the applications which do not require an install. The online apps are available in the section that says, "Apps". The web-based apps are a great option if you are on the go as they can be accessed from any computer/tablet/phone that has internet access. The online version of Office is not recommended for students taking Humanities courses as many instructors require the installed version of Word.
If you would like to proceed with installing the full version of Office on to your personal device, click on Install Office and select Office 365 apps.
3. You will be presented with the following box. Follow the installation instructions to install the Microsoft Office suite on your computer.
Please note that it could take up to an hour to install and please allow up to 2 hours for all services
will be available.
4. To install additional copies on other computers, open up your web browser and go to go.parkland.edu. Enter your ParklandOne username and password. You may download up to five copies of Microsoft Office at a time. You can deactivate any of the five instances as you wish, and reinstall the software on a different computer. To access information about your installs you can select Install Office as you did in step 1, but then select Other install options. Click on My Installs and then you will see the total of the number of licenses that are associated with your Parkland account. Click on the "expand" arrow to the right of the total in order to display the options for deactivation.
Where can I get help with Microsoft Office 365?
- The Parkland College Tech Service Desk - See contact information in the footer below.
- https://support.office.com/ is a great searchable Microsoft site for all Office 365 related questions.
- The Parkland College KnowledgeBase (KB) has a thorough collection of Office 365 related articles - https://kb.parkland.edu/search.php?q=office+365&cat=0.
- Microsoft Office 365 - Introduction, Overview, and Access
- Office 365 - Outlook App Setup on Android Phones
- Office 365 - Set Up Outlook in Native Android Email App
- Office 365 - Outlook App Setup On Your iOS Device (iPad, iPod, iPhone)
- Office 365 - Outlook on iOS Devices - Native Mail Setup (iPad, iPod, iPhone)
Phone/Virtual Assistance: 217-353-3333 * email@example.com
Fall/Spring: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th. / 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Fridays
Summer: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th