Okta - Setup and Use Voice Call Authentication
This article reviews the set up and usage of the Voice Call Authentication MFA method for Okta connected services.
Voice Call Authentication allows the use of any phone number that can receive calls to be used as an MFA factor within Okta. When prompted, the user will receive a phone call on the phone number that was set up during the enrollment process and they will be supplied with a code (verbally). The user then inputs the code into the MFA prompt and is allowed into the service. Please note that if you choose to use a phone number associated with a landline phone, you must be physically near that phone in order to receive the code.
Set up Voice Call Authentication
- On the Set up multifactor authentication screen, click the Setup button below the Voice Call Authentication option.
- On the Enrollment screen, select your country and enter your phone number. If you have an extension, be sure to enter it in the extension field. If not, leave that field blank. When done, Click Call.
- Your phone will ring and you will verbally be given a 5-digit code. Input the code in the Enter Code field and click Verify.
- If the code was entered correctly, you are then directed back to the factor enrollment screen. If you are finished, click Finish.
Using Voice Call Authentication
- When you attempt to access a service that is secured behind MFA, you will be prompted for Voice Call Authentication.
- On the prompt, click the Call button to initiate the process. If you don't click the Call button, you will never receive a code!
- The phone call will provide you with a 5-digit code. Enter the code into the box and click the Verify button.
- If the code was entered correctly, you will be directed to the service you were trying to access.
- Okta - What is Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)?
- Okta - Register Your Account
- Okta - Compare the MFA Options
- Okta - Multifactor Authentication FAQ
- Okta - Add and Remove MFA Options
Phone/Virtual Assistance: 217-353-3333 * firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall/Spring: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th. / 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Fridays
Summer: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th