Microsoft Teams - Create a Chat Group
1. Once signed into Teams via a supported web browser (Chrome or Edge) or the installed application, click on the Chat button on the left hand side of the application.
2. Start a new chat by clicking the New Chat button at the top of the screen. It is located on the left side of the search bar.
3. Once started, click on the drop-down arrow on the right side of the screen to allow the group to be named and type in the desired group name.
4. After the group name has been entered, on the next line, type the desired names of the people that need to be a part of this group. Names can include any staff/faculty member and any active student. Group chats require at least two other people to be added for them to be started.
5. Changes will be saved when the “Type a new message” box at the bottom of the application in clicked.
6. The group has now been created. It can be access by viewing the “Recent” tab in the chat column. The group can also be pinned for easy access by right clicking on the group or clicking the more options button to the right of the group name and clicking Pin.
7. Members can be added or removed by clicking the View and Add Participants button in the upper right-hand corner of the application.
8. To Add, click the Add people option and type in the desired name(s). Then,click Add.
9. To remove, click the X button to the right of the person or people that need to be removed. Then, click Remove on the confirmation prompt.
- Microsoft Teams - Accessing and Downloading - Windows
- Microsoft Teams - Accessing and Downloading - MacOS
- Microsoft Teams - Creating and Managing a Meeting
Summer Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th.