Cobra Learning - Emailing Students Before Class Start
Faculty will sometimes want to communicate via email with their students prior to the start of class. There are two ways to do this:
- WebAdvisor Roster
- Cobra Learning Roster
- Log into my.Parkland and select WebAdvisor.
- Select WebAdvisor for Faculty, then Faculty Information, then Class Roster.
- Select the course to which you want to send an email.
- Click the link entitled, “E-mail these Students.”
- Select whether to email all students or select students, then click Submit (at bottom of page).(Check box next to name of students to include in email. The individual students appear in a list below the e-mail options).
- Compose your message.
- A copy will be sent to your email account.
- Log into Cobra Learning and select your course from the My Courses widget.
- Select Classlist from the navigation bar.
- Select the students to whom you want to send an email by checking the box next to their name.
- Click the Email link above the class roster.
- Compose your message and click Send.
- A copy of the sent message will be saved in the "Sent" folder in Cobra.
Additional information about sending email from within Cobra can be found here: https://kb.parkland.edu/page.php?id=60731#email_changes
Either of these methods will result in the email being sent to the student’s Parkland email account and will be accessible immediately upon sending.