Topics Map > BYOD
wePresent User Guide (Windows)
Before you connect, you will need to make sure that you have installed the MirrorOp application to be used in conjunction with the wePresent device. wePresent Software Installation (Windows)
1. In the classroom, the instructor will need to turn on the projector and toggle the input on the projector’s remote control or use the Hitachi projector control software located on the instructors workstation to select the wePresent device. In a wePresent equipped conference room, please select the correct input on the display, often HDMI2. Once the correct input has been selected on the projector or display, the Passcode and IP Address will appear on the screen.
2. For students, before connecting to the wePresenter device, evaluate the current username that MirrorOp will use to connect to the wePresenter device. Click the GEAR icon located in the upper left hand corner of the window, then select Preferences.
3. Observe the username in the “Name” field and evaluate for appropriateness. Note: This username is essentially your “display” name which will be displayed to your classmates via the projector screen while you’re connected to the wePresenter device. Please change the name if it might be found offensive and select OK.
4. Enter the IP Address you obtained in step 1 in the entry field and click CONNECT.
5. Enter the Passcode obtained in step 1 and click OK.
6. Once the correct Passcode has been entered, your tool bar will collapse and look like this:
Below are some screen shots with a brief explanation of the basic operation for sharing your screen.
Selecting the blue triangle will expand the device list to show you which wePresenter you’re connected to, or to select a different wePesenter device.
Selecting the Grid icon will present you with options for the location of your screen. To select your preferred location, hover your mouse cursor over your desired location and left click.
To start presenting, click the blue play button.
To Pause or Stop presenting, click the Pause button or Stop button.
You can also expand the toolbar by toggling the expand button located here.
Toggle the speaker button to pass or mute your devices sound.