Cobra Learning - Homepage Management
- Creating and activating your course homepage
- Homepage Banners
- Adding/removing and moving widgets on your homepages
All courses are initially set up with a default course homepage by your system administration. Use the Homepage Management tool to create a new homepage and set it as the active homepage for your course. You can then add or remove widgets, customize their appearance, and create custom widgets to expand the functionality of your course homepage. Note: Custom widgets cannot be added to the default course homepage.
Create a new course homepage
- Click Course Admin, then click Homepages.
- Click Create Homepage.
- Enter a Name and Description for your homepage.
- Depending on your permissions, you can choose between the following Homepage Type Options:
- Design a widget-based homepage This displays a standard homepage with various widgets.
- Make an existing tool the homepage This displays a system tool, such as Content, as your homepage.
- Make an existing URL the homepage This displays an external web page as your course homepage.
- Select Include custom homepage header to add a header to your homepage below the banner image.
Note Replace strings (see Cobra Learning - Custom Widgets) are placeholders that refer to information in Learning Environment; the system replaces these placeholders with the corresponding information when you apply them to a homepage header.
- For a widget-based homepage, click Change Layout to choose a layout for your homepage. We recommended Basic (two column) or One (one column) to optimize the homepage layout.
- Click Add Widgets to add widgets to your homepage. See Adding and moving widgets on your homepages for information about arranging widgets.
- Click Save and Close.
Copying an existing homepage
- Select Course Admin from the navbar and click Homepages.
- Select Copy from the drop down menu of one of the default homepages.
- Click the link of the copied homepage and edit the name (optional).
- Proceed with steps 4 through 7 from above.
- Click Save and Close.
Activating your course homepage
Your new course homepage is not available until you set it as the active homepage for your course.
- Select the homepage you want for your course from the Active Homepage drop-down list.
- Click Apply.
- Click the ellipsis (three dots) icon in the upper right corner of the image (hover over the banner image to activate).
- Select Remove This Banner or Change Image.
Add widgets on your homepage
- Click Edit this homepage in the bottom right corner of the homepage (or select Course Admin > Homepages > and click the homepage that you want to edit).
- Click Add Widgets in the Widgets section to view all widgets available for use in the homepage you are editing. Each layout panel has its own corresponding Add Widgets button.
- Select the check boxes beside the widgets that you want to add to the homepage panel, and click Add.
Note The widgets listed in the Add Widgets dialog are dependent on the tools available for use within your organization and added to the current org unit.
Remove widgets from your homepage
- Hover over the widget you want to remove.
- Click the "X" in the upper right corner of the widget.
Move widgets on your homepage
- Click/hold and drag a widget to:
- Change its vertical placement on a panel.
- Move it to another panel.
- Click Save and Close to apply the changes.
- Cobra Learning - Custom Widgets
- Cobra Learning - About Homepages and Widgets
- Cobra Learning - System Widgets
Phone/Virtual Assistance: 217-353-3333 * email@example.com
Fall/Spring: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th. / 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Fridays
Summer: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th