Cobra Learning - Creating and managing a general (course) chat room
Creating and managing a general (course) chat room
General chats exist within specific org units and are only accessible from the org unit in which they are created.
Before creating a general chat, make sure to access the Chat tool from the appropriate org unit homepage. For example, if you want to add a chat to a course offering, click Chat on that course's navigation bar (if on the navbar) or through the Course Admin link.
All users in the org unit have access to the general chat. You can create multiple chats for the same org unit, such as "Midterm Review" and "Final Review." Users within the course must access the chat feature via the navbar or a link on the Content page.
Create a general chat room
- On the Chat List page, click New Chat.
- Enter a Title.
- Click General Chat.
- Enter a Description of the chat.
- Click Create.
Tip It is a good idea to enter a description to help other users identify the chat, since they might have access to other chats with similar names.
Edit a general chat room
You can edit the title and description of chats you create.
- On the Chat List page, click Edit from the context menu of the chat you want to modify.
- Make your changes.
- Click Save.
Delete a general chat room
- On the Chat List page, click Delete from the context menu of the chat you want to delete.
- Click Delete in the confirmation message.
- Cobra Learning - About Chat
- Cobra Learning - Using chat
- Cobra Learning - Managing chat session archives
Phone/Virtual Assistance: 217-353-3333 * email@example.com
Fall/Spring: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th. / 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Fridays
Summer: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th