Cobra Learning - Creating and adding events
Use the Calendar tool to arrange and visualize your course events in multiple views and enable integration of course content and your Calendar.
Creating and adding events
Note As a student, you can only create Calendar events for your group.
- Create a general (content) event
- "Quick create" an event
- Adding external events to your Calendar
- Importing events from an external iCal file
Creating events in the Calendar
- Using the calendar menu, select the course for which you want to create the event.
- Click Create Event in the calendar content area.
- Click Add Content on the Create Event page to associate course content with the event. Select the radio button of the content you want to add to the event and click Add.
- Enter a Title, Description, and specify a date and time. If you add content and want to add a custom name for the event, select Use custom name and enter the custom title.
- Click Create.
You can also create events directly in the day, week, and month Calendar views by clicking a time or date.
- Enter information about recurrences and restrictions. See Manage event recurrence and restrictions for more information.
- When entering a Description, you can use the HTML Editor to insert tables, quicklinks, images, and you can also include resources available through the Insert Stuff option.
- Enter a Location. If you choose to add a custom location, you can enter a URL as a location.
- Add Presenters. See Add an event presenter for more information.
Note To add and remove content to an event after you have already created it, click the context menu for the event name in agenda view, then click Edit Event, or click the event in the calendar content are, then click Edit.
- In the calendar menu, click on a course to set it as the current calendar.
- In Day view, click a time interval to create an event within that course.
- Enter a Title and select Attendees if applicable.
You can add new events and update existing events by importing them from an external iCal file into your Calendar.
- Select the course you want your events to be grouped under by clicking on it from the calendar menu.
- Click Import Events.
- Click Browse on the Import Events page to search for the iCal file containing your events. If you want to import the events into a specific group or section, select it in the Attendees drop-down list.
- Click Open, then click Import.