Topics Map > Cobra Learning
Cobra Learning - Managing your blog
The Blog tool is a way to share information on topics that interest you. Use this page to post and respond to questions, engage in discussions, and share opinions and comments with other users. Blog entries can be public or private.
Managing your blog
Table of contents
- View your blog
- Search for a blog entry
- Edit blog entries
- Print a blog entry
- Change your blog settings
- Change the number of entries per page
- On the My Blog page, use the All Entries, Public Entries, and Private Entries tabs to view your blog entries.
- Click Preview Blog to view how your blog appears to others.
Note The Permalink field at the top of the Preview page lists a URL for your blog that can be accessed from any browser.
- On the Blog Watch or Blog List page, enter your search criteria in the Search For field, and click Search. You must be following at least one blog in order to search from Blog Watch.
- Click the Show Search Options link for more search options:
- Search For Enter the word or portion of text to search for.
- Search In Select where to search for specified text.
- Search Users Select which users to search.
- Latest Entry Created Between the Dates Of Select a date range to restrict the search by.
Note On the Blog List page, you can also search for Total Entries and Total Comments to find blogs with greater than or less than a specified number of entries or comments.
To clear the search, click the Clear Search link or empty the Search For field and click Search.
- On the My Blog page, click Edit from the context menu beside the title of the entry you want to edit.
- Update the entry as desired.
- Click Save.
- On the My Blog page or the Blog Watch page, select the box beside the entry or entries you want to print.
- Click Print at the top or bottom of the page to print from My Blog, or click Printable View at the top or bottom of the page to print from Blog Watch.
- Print using your browser’s print functionality.
- On the My Blog page or the Blog Watch page, click Settings.
- Update your settings as desired.
- Click Save.
|Show a link to your user profile from your blog||Allow users who are viewing your blog to also view your profile.|
|Make entries public by default||Selects the Make Public option for new blog entries so they are automatically shared with other users by default.|
|Allow comments by default||
Selects the Allow Comments option for new blog entries by default.
Note The Allow comments by default option is only available if the Make entries public by default option is selected.
|Receive email when comments are added||Select this option to receive an email notification when a new comment is made on one of your blog entries.|
|Allow blog to be read by anyone||
Allow users who are not logged into Cobra Learning to view your blog through an external URL. The External URL field contains the URL to view your blog from outside Cobra Learning.
Note Private blog entries are not accessible by URL.
|Publish your blog as an RSS feed||Allow readers of your blog to link to your Site Feed and view your blog using an external RSS aggregator. To publish your blog in this way, you must enter a title for it in the Feed Title field.|
|Persistence||Enter a value in the Persistence field to determine how long blog entries stay in your Blog Watch list. For example, if you enter 10, entries will remain in your Blog Watch for 10 days after they are posted. If you set the value to 0, blog entries remain in your Blog Watch indefinitely.|
On the My Blog, Blog Watch, or Blog List page, select a value from the per page drop-down list to change how many blog entries or blog users are displayed on a page.
If all of the information does not display on one page, use the Previous Page and Next Page icons, and the per page drop-down list to navigate between pages.