Cobra Learning - Share blogs outside Cobra Learning
The Blog tool is a way to share information on topics that interest you. Use this page to post and respond to questions, engage in discussions, and share opinions and comments with other users. Blog entries can be public or private.
Share blogs outside Cobra Learning
Share your blog with friends, family, and acquaintances that are not a part of Cobra Learning by providing them with the permanent URL for your blog.
Share your blog with other users
- On the My Blog page, click Preview Blog.
- Copy the URL from the Permalink field set under your blog's name.
- Share the URL with the people you want to read your blog.
Note You can also find your blog's permanent URL by clicking Settings on the My Blog and Blog Watch pages.
Generating an RSS feed for your blog
The blog tool provides a means to publish your blog as an RSS feed, which any external news reader (RSS aggregator) can read.
Note You might not have permission to use the RSS feed functionality.
Understanding RSS feeds
The RSS file format provides summaries of content on a website and links to the full version of the content. This information is in an XML file known as an RSS feed. A program known as an RSS aggregator, or news reader, reads the RSS feed and displays any new (updated) content that it finds on the website.
This is useful for frequent readers to track updates on the site. For the Blog tool, it enables readers to track new entries and comments on a blog without logging in to Cobra Learning.
Generate an RSS feed
- Click Settings, then select Publish your blog as an RSS feed under the Publishing section.
- Give your feed a title, and if you want, a description.
- Click Save.
- Send the External URL to users you want to share your blog with.