Colleague UI5 - FAQ
Q: Am I limited to what browser I can use when opening UI5 like I was with UI4?
A: No. Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, and Internet Explorer all support UI5. No matter which browser you use, however, having too many tabs open may affect performance.
Q: Will Favorites migrate from UI4 to UI5?
A: Yes. The favorites that were saved when using UI4 will be available when you log into UI5. You can access your Favorites in UI5 by clicking on the star in the upper-left hand corner of the page. For information on how to add to your favorites, please see Colleague UI5 - Adding and Removing Favorites .
Clarification: Forms that users visit in UI5 are saved in the Form Search History for quick access, but this is not the same as saving the form(s) in the Favorites. When the browser’s cache is cleared, the Form Search History is erased and will repopulate as users visit the forms again. When the browser’s cache is cleared, the Favorites will remain in place.
Q: How do I keep the context open in UI5?
A: By default, Colleague UI5 does not keep the context open so if you are in a person record and then you search for a form, it does not link the two. You can easily enable it, however, by clicking on the thumbtack icon as shown below. This setting will save and you will not need to do this again once it is enabled.
Q: Will links/bookmarks to UI4 work to get to UI5?
A: No. Users will need to create any links/bookmarks to point to UI5
Q: Why won't content appear when I select the Field Help option in Firefox or Chrome?
A: The pop-up blocker is preventing the browser from displaying the content. See below for how to add the site as an exception.
1. Click the menu icon (three horizontal lines in the upper-right).
2. Click Options.
3. Click the Content in the left-hand column.
4. Go to the “Pop-ups” section and select Exceptions.
5. Enter parkland.edu and select Allow. Click Save Changes.
6. You can now close out of the Options tab.
1. Click the menu options (three vertical dots in the upper-right).
2. Select Settings.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and select Advanced.
4. in the "Privacy and security" section, click Content settings.
5. In the "Pop-ups and redirects" section, click on the arrow and select Add in the “Allow” section. Enter parkland.edu and select Add.
6. You can now close out of the Settings tab.
Q: Is there an instructional video available?
UI5 Instructional Video
Q: Will single sign-on be available with UI5?
A: Not at this time. Users will be shown a login screen when they want to log into UI5.
Users will then need to provide their ParklandOne credentials to gain access to UI5 from this login page.