Cobra Learning - Moderating discussions and approving posts
Moderating discussions and approving posts
If a topic requires post approval, posts only appear to users with permission to approve them. You must manually approve these posts to make them visible to all users. Users with permission to approve posts in a topic can create posts automatically without requiring their approval.
You can enable and disable post approval from the Properties tab when creating or editing a forum or topic. Once you enable post approval , a Moderated icon appears under the forum or topic name.
If a post is not appropriate for the topic and you do not want to approve it, you can do any of the following:
- Leave the post unapproved.
- Edit the post before approving it.
- Delete the post.
Table of contents
- Approving and unapproving threads and posts
- Finding posts that require approval
- Editing other users' discussion posts
- Viewing a discussion post’s history
Approving and unapproving threads and posts
Click Edit from the context menu of the forum or topic you want to add post approval to and select A moderator must approve individual posts before they display in the forum in the Properties tab to ensure that you have the ability to approve posts activated.
Approve a thread or post
Click Approve all Replies in Thread from the context menu of the thread to approve all posts in the thread or click Approve Thread from the context menu of the post.
Unapprove a previously approved thread or post
Click Unapprove Thread from the context menu of the thread or post you want to unapprove.
Finding posts that require approval
You can find unapproved posts in the following ways:
- On the Discussions List page, the number of unapproved posts displays beneath each topic that requires post approval. To see only topics that contain unapproved posts, select Unapproved from the Filter by tool navigation area.
- Inside a thread, unapproved posts display an Approve Post link at the top of the post.
Editing other users' discussion posts
Editing a post allows you to change the subject or text, add or remove attachments, or change whether the post is pinned. You cannot make a post anonymous or change the name of the author. Users who edit a post appear in a list in the post’s history log.
Identify edited posts by the Last Edited icon in the post header.
Note In order to edit other users' posts, you must have the Edit Any Post permission enabled for your role.
Edit a post
- Select Edit Post from the context menu of the post you want to edit.
- Make your changes.
- Click Update.
Viewing a discussion post’s history
When a post is edited, the post history log records all previous versions of the post, its editors, and when it was approved or unapproved.
View a post’s history
Click View Post History from the context menu of the post.