Topics Map > Cobra Learning
Cobra Learning - Viewing and exporting discussion statistics
Viewing and exporting discussion statistics
Viewing discussion statistics
Statistics give you an overview of user activity in your discussion topics and forums. You can use this information to determine which topics stimulate conversation and which do not, or which students post frequently and which hang back. As the semester unfolds, you can use statistics to pinpoint topics in need of conversation-starters and to follow the participation levels of different users. You can send email reminders to users who have not been participating or ask overly vocal users to slow down and give others a chance to contribute. When the semester ends, statistics help you identify the topics that were most effective and the ones you might want to omit or modify for the next course.
- Post counts do not include unapproved and deleted posts.
- Only users who appear in the classlist appear when viewing statistics by user; however, totals include posts by all users, including instructors.
- You can sort statistics by clicking on any column heading.
View statistics for a specific forum or topic
Click View Topic Statistics or View Forum Statistics from the context menu of the forum or topic you want to view.
View statistics for the entire course,
On the Discussions List page, click Statistics from the tool navigation.
Exporting discussion statistics
You can export statistics to a CSV file and then import the data into a spreadsheet application to perform further analysis.
- On the Discussions List page, click Statistics from the tool navigation.
- Click Export to CSV File.
- Once the file has finished processing, click the file name to download the file.