Student Email - Login and Account Information
Enter your ParklandOne username and click Next. Username Lookup
Enter your ParklandOne password and click Verify. ParklandOne - FAQ
Once you sign in with your ParklandOne credentials, you will likely be prompted to authenticate through Okta. Okta is what Parkland uses for 2-factor authentication which helps to keep your account more secure. If you have not yet set up Okta multifactor authentication (MFA), you will be prompted to do so. Okta - Multifactor Authentication FAQ
- When your Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook) account opens for the first time, you may need to select your language and time zone. If you are a local resident, you will select Central Time (US & Canada).
- Outlook compatibility is typically best with the current or the immediately previous browser version.
- Outlook is also accessible through mobile devices - Office 365 - Installing Parkland Email (Outlook) on a Phone or Mobile Device.
- The mailbox quota is 50GB. Individual message size (including attachments) is 25MB.
- For instructions on forwarding your Parkland email account to a personal account , please see Office 365 (Outlook on the Web) - Auto Forward Email to a Personal Account (Students Only).
- Outlook defaults to "Conversation" view which groups related messages sharing the same subject line together. While some users find this feature convenient, others find it difficult to locate and respond to certain emails quickly as it collapses the content within a conversation thread. As a result, some students and faculty have missed important emails related to class content and exams. Users have the option to disable this setting if they wish. Please check out Office 365 (Web) – Disable Conversation View in Outlook.
- https://support.microsoft.com/ contains training and instructions for all Microsoft products including Outlook.
- Your Parkland email address is your email@example.com.
- Student accounts can take approximately 1-3 business days to be created after applying to the college.
- Email accounts get deactivated after two years of non-enrollment at Parkland and messages cannot be recovered once the account is deleted. Students will receive an email alert informing them of the pending deactivation 60 days prior to that action being taken.