This document provides instructions on how to access Microsoft Teams from a web browser as well as how to download and install the Microsoft Teams Client on a Windows 10 computer. Please be aware that Parkland office machines should have the Teams client installed by default, however, you may not see a shortcut on the desktop or an icon in the taskbar. If that is the case, do a Windows search in the taskbar for "Teams" and select the "Teams app." Note: The desktop app is NOT installed on shared Parkland office machines, student machines, and instructor stations for security reasons. You will need to utilize the web version instead. Note: Some browsers, including Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari support Teams on the web but don't support some of the calling and meeting features.. If you need to utilize Teams for calls and meetings, please use Chrome or Edge, or download the Teams application (if on a personal device).
In your browser, navigate to go.parkland.edu and sign in with your ParklandOne credentials.
1. Click on the Teams icon on the left-most side. When it launches, it will give you the option to install the desktop Windows app or continue with the web app. The desktop app allows for easier start up (it starts at computer sign in), retained sign-in, no browser-based limitations, and more integrated notifications.
2. If you select the web app, the online version of Teams should launch and look similar to this. You do not need to continue through steps 3-8 as that outlines how to install the desktop app.
3. To install the desktop application on a personal device, click Get the Windows app button at the initial prompt - OR - if you are already in the web version, click on the three dots (settings and more) in the upper right and select "Download the desktop app".
4. After the download completes, run the installer that was downloaded. See below for instructions per browser:
- Google Chrome:
- Mozilla Firefox:
- Internet Explorer:
- Microsoft Edge:
5. Teams should automatically launch, install, and prompt for a username and password. At the prompt, enter the appropriate Parkland email address.
6. At the next prompt, enter your ParklandOne credentials and select Sign in.
7. Teams should then launch and look nearly identical to the web version of Teams.
8. If the Teams application has been closed, launch the Teams application by clicking on start and typing teams. Click on the Microsoft Teams application in the search results to launch.