Updating Software Using Jamf Self Service
This document shows the steps required to update software on a Mac using Jamf Self Service.
- Open Jamf Self Service
- You should find this application in your dock. If not, click on the Finder icon in the dock and then press Command-Shift-A to open your applications folder and locate Jamf Self Service.
- Ensure that the Featured section is selected in the tab bar on the left.
- Software listed here is available for you to install at a time that is convenient for you.
- Some installations can take a long time and will cause issues if interrupted.
- Read the description prompt for more instructions prior to installation.
- If using a laptop, ensure the power adapter is plugged in.
- Do not restart or put your computer to sleep until the installation has finished.
- This icon will appear when the installation is complete:
- Once it says Done, the item will no longer be accessible in Jamf Self Service.
Phone/Virtual Assistance: 217-353-3333 * email@example.com
Fall/Spring: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th. / 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Fridays
Summer: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th