Parkland Email Account Termination Policy
This language is from section 3.41.02 of the Parkland College Policy and Procedures Manual which was published in July, 2018.
Upon termination of employment, a user’s access to their email account will also be changed to the following:
1. Email access for qualified retirees and Emeriti (as determined by HR) and part-time faculty with 30 semesters of
service will be maintained for as long as they wish. Access to an account may be terminated if the account remains
inactive (i.e., account has not been logged into) for one calendar year.
2. Email access to full-time faculty and staff who leave the college prior to retirement will be terminated at the end of
business thirty days after their last day of employment, per notification from HR.
3. Email access to part-time faculty who leave the college prior to completing 30 semesters of service will be terminated
at the end of business thirty days after the final day of the term for which they were employed with the exception of
those likely to be returning within two semesters, per notification from HR.
4. Email access for students will be terminated after two consecutive semesters of non-enrollment (excluding summer
5. Email access may be terminated for a cause at any given time per a request from HR for employees or Student
Services for students.
6. Campus Technologies may interrupt and/or terminate access to email accounts for security reasons.