How to Manually Access the N: Drive on a Macintosh Computer
The following are instructions for Mac users on how to manually connect to the “N Drive” on campus. The N: drive is a secure location for storing shared Parkland-related files.
1. From the Finder, select the “Go” menu.
2. From the “Go” menu, select “Connect to Server…”
3. In the “Connect to Server” window that opens, enter “pc-fs1.pc.parkland.edu/shares$” (the “smb://” you see in the screenshot is optional) and click “Connect”.
4. The following Finder window will open containing folders that you have permission to. In the example below, this user does not have access to any folders.
5. Click and drag the icon next to where it says “shares$” over to where it says “Favorites” as seen in the example below.
6. Once this is done, you will be able to access the “N Drive” through Favorites. While we would prefer to label it as the “N Drive”, currently we’re limited to using the “shares$” name.