How to Manually Access the N: Drive on a Macintosh Computer
The following are instructions for Mac users on how to manually connect to the “N Drive” on campus. The N: drive is a secure location for storing shared Parkland-related files.
1. From the Finder, select the Go menu.
2. From the Go menu, select Connect to Server…
3. In the Connect to Server window that opens, enter “pc-fs1.pc.parkland.edu/shares$” (the “smb://” you see in the screenshot is optional) and click Connect.
4. The following Finder window will open containing folders that you have permission to. In the example below, this user does not have access to any folders.
5. From the desktop, click and drag the shares$ over to where it says Favorites as seen in the example below.
6. Once this is done, you will be able to access the N: Drive through Favorites. While we would prefer to label it as the “N: Drive”, currently we’re limited to using the “shares$” name.