Topics Map > Microsoft Office 365
Office 365 (Outlook on the Web) - How to Access and Use Skype
You can now launch and perform some basic Skype for Business tasks right from your navigation bar in Outlook from within Office 365.
1. On the navigation bar, click (or tap) the Skype for Business icon .
2. Choose the Skype for Business task you want to do.
Search for people in your organization:
1. Click (or tap) the magnifying glass .
2. In the search box, type the name of who you want to contact.
3. Select the person from the contacts list.
4. To add the person to your contacts list, click Add To Contacts.
View your contacts list:
1. Click (or tap) the address book icon .
2. Choose a contact from the list or search for someone else.
Start a conversation:
1. Click (or tap) the plus sign .
2. In the conversation window, type your message.
3. To add other people to the conversion, click (or tap) the add people icon .
4. You can also start a conversation from the Outlook contact card of the person by clicking the IM icon .
View your active conversations:
1. Look in the sidebar (below the task symbols) to see if you have active conversations. New messages in these conversations will show an orange badge.
Active conversations are shown below the basic task symbols.
2. When someone initiates a new conversation with you, you'll be notified by a blue badge on the Skype for Business icon on the Office 365 navigation bar.
Leave a conversation:
1. Right-click the person's image in the sidebar, and choose Close conversation.
2. You will be asked to confirm that you want to leave the conversation and remove it from the sidebar. Click (or tap) either Close or Cancel.