Parkland sections that end in a "T" for Technology indicates that it is a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) course and that students will need to bring their own laptop to class. Students will need to follow the instructions listed below in order to email print jobs from their laptop to the printer located within the BYOD classroom.
Email to Print allows mobile device users to print documents by sending them as an email attachment. No client software or drivers are required, providing a simple way to print from any device that can send an email.
1. Save your document.
2. From your laptop, compose a new email from your Parkland student email account (this will not work from a personal email account), attach a PDF or Office
document, and send it to the appropriate printer's email address. You can access your Parkland student email account one of two ways. From the email icon on the my.parkland.edu portal or by going to go.parkland.edu/email. You will log in with your ParklandOne username and password. PLEASE NOTE: Printing will not work if you send your email through the Office 365 link from within Cobra.
Please Note: The print options are not configurable. It will print all of the pages of the document, single-sided, in black & white.
3. You will receive a confirmation email message from PaperCut Admin.
4. The print job is held in the queue for 72 hours or until you visit the print release computer located next to the printer in the classroom.
5. At the print release station, sign in with your ParklandOne username.
6. It will show a list of the jobs that you have sent to the printer (within the last 72 hours) but have not yet printed. Select the job or jobs you would like to print. Once the job is printed, it will no longer show up in your print queue. Be sure to logout when you are done.
Please Note: The print release station will time you out after 30 seconds of inactivity. Simply enter your username once again to log back in.