Topics Map > Parkland Library
Library Fees and Fines
If you are unable to register, petition to graduate, or receive your transcript because of a library hold on your account, call 217-351-2333.
Failing to return library materials and equipment on time can result in charges to your college account. Here's how to avoid that.
How do you avoid library fees and fines?
- Remember to return materials on time!
- Use your online library account to keep track of the items you've checked out and their due dates.
- Check your Parkland email account periodically because we use that email address (and only that address) to communicate with you about overdue items, recalls, and other library business.
Where can I return library materials?
- Library materials can be returned at the front desk of the library or in the drop box at the foot of the library stairs.
- If you're returning a time sensitive item like a calculator, be sure to bring it directly to the library rather than use the drop box
What if I damage or lose library materials?
Because you're responsible for the well being of library materials you've checked out, most likely you you will have to pay to replace items that were lost or damaged.
Return the damaged item to the Service Desk and ask to speak to a librarian. You can explain what happened and also tell us about the condition the book (or DVD or CD) may have been in before you borrowed it. We will then be in a better position to tell you about your options.