How to access the new H: (Home) drive on a Macintosh Computer
Accessing the Home Drive
Please note the following stipulations:
- Due to space limitations, all employees will have a hard limit of 10 GB of space.
- This allows all Parkland faculty and staff access to a space on our network server for storing their important Parkland files that need to be backed up. This space is not intended to be shared with any other person.
- The H: drive cannot be accessed wirelessly on the Parkland network through personally-owned devices.
- The H: drive can be accessed via an external network on personally-owned devices if you remote in to your Parkland desktop.
- If you are using a Parkland-owned laptop and would like to connect to to the H: drive wirelessly from on campus, please contact the Tech Service Desk at 351-3333 as further action is required.
1. Open a Finder window by clicking on the Finder icon on the far left in the dock.
2. In the left sidebar at the bottom of the Favorites section you should see a shortcut for your home drive that is labeled with your username.
The user Fred Flintstone would see the following…
NOTE: If the home drive is not displayed in your Favorites list in your Finder sidebar as displayed above, there are two things you can do to attempt addressing the problem before calling the Tech Service Desk.
1. In your Applications folder should be an application called Configure Parkland Home Drive. If installed, run this. This should mount your home drive and place a shortcut for your home drive into the sidebar on the left in your Finder window. If this software is not found or the drive still seems to not be functioning, follow step 2.
2. In your Applications folder is an application called Self Service. Open this and you’ll be presented with a window of software and links for assisting a user’s machine. On the right side you should see an Offices category. Select that and in the window should be an icon labeled Configure Parkland Home Drive. Click the Install button associated with it.
In the event that this fails to function correctly, please call the Tech Service Desk at 353-3333.