How to Manually Access the H: Drive on a Macintosh Computer
Please note the following stipulations:
- Due to space limitations, all employees will have a hard limit of 10 GB of space.
- This allows all Parkland faculty and staff access to a space on our network server for storing their important Parkland files that need to be backed up. This space is not intended to be shared with any other person.
- The H: drive cannot be accessed wirelessly on the Parkland network through personally-owned devices.
- The H: drive can be accessed via an external network on personally-owned devices if you remote in to your Parkland desktop.
- If you are using a Parkland-owned laptop and would like to connect to to the H: drive wirelessly from on campus, please contact the Tech Service Desk at 351-3333 as further action is required.
1. From the Finder, select the Go menu.
2. From the Go menu, select Connect to Server…
3. In the Connect to Server window that opens, enter "pc-fs2.pc.parkland.edu/home$/username" (the “smb://” you see in the screenshot is optional) and click Connect.
Note the username of the server path is your ParklandOne username. For example if you are Bob Richard then the server path would be; pc-fs2.pc.parkland.edy/home$/brichard
4. The following Finder window will open containing folders that you have permission to. In the example below, this user does not have access to any folders.
5. From your desktop, drag “Username” over to where it says Favorites in finder as seen in the example below.
6. Once this is done, you will be able to access the H: Drive through Favorites. While we would prefer to label it as the “H Drive”, currently we’re limited to labeling it as "username".
In the event that this fails to function correctly, please call the Tech Service Desk at 353-3333.