Student Email - Information, Training, and Resources
- Click on the “Email” icon on https://my.parkland.edu/ or open a web browser and go to https://go.parkland.edu/email.
This is the screen that you should instead be seeing. It is the sign-on portal that will take you directly into your Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook) email account.
You will need to log into your Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook) account with your ParklandOne username and password - ParklandOne - FAQ .
- The first time you access your Parkland email, it will prompt you to designate your language and time zone. If you are a local resident, you will select "Central Time (US & Canada)".
Outlook compatibility is typically best with the current or the immediately previous version of Internet Explorer or Firefox, and the latest version of Chrome or Safari. To check to see if your browser is up-to-date, go to https://updatemybrowser.org/. If you are opening Outlook on an outdated browser, it will switch to "Outlook Light" which has limited features. After you update your browser, you may need to turn off the "Outlook Light" settings. For instructions on how to do this, please see Office 365 (Web) - Change Outlook Light to Outlook Web App .
Microsoft Outlook has four separate components – Mail, Calendar, People (contacts), and Tasks (to-do list). For training information, please check out Office 365 (Web) - Training - (Outlook Mail / Calendar / People / Tasks) .
- Outlook is accessible via web and smart phones – you can access your email via a web page or download the email client on your smart phone or computer. For install instructions, please check out Microsoft Office 365 - Introduction, Overview, and Access .
- For information on how the Outlook/Office 365 widget works within Cobra Learning, please check out Cobra Learning - Office 365 and Changes to Email .
- The mailbox quota is 50GB. Individual message size (including attachments) is 25MB.
- For instructions on forwarding your Parkland email account to a personal account , please check out Office 365 (Web) - Forward Your Email to a Personal Account .
- Outlook email defaults to "Conversation" view which groups all related messages sharing the same subject line together. While some users find this feature convenient, others find it difficult to locate and respond to certain emails quickly as it collapses the content within a conversation thread. As a result, some students and faculty have missed important emails related to class content and exams. Users have the option to change this view setting if they wish. Please check out Office 365 (Web) – Disable Conversation View in Outlook .