Remote Desktop Connection (Windows) - Remotely Control Your Office Computer From Off Campus
If you haven't already done so, please see Remote Desktop Connection (Windows) - How to Configure Your Office Computer for a Remote Desktop Connection .
Gather information about your office computer so you can connect to it through Remote Desktop:
- Simultaneously press the Windows key and the Pause Break key on your keyboard.
- Record the Full Computer Name.
- Close the window.
Using Remote Desktop Connection to remotely control your office computer from off campus:
- Establish a VPN connection with the Aruba VIA client software. See Aruba VIA (Virtual Intranet Access) Client (Windows VPN) - Installation Instructions .
- Go to the Start Menu and search for and run “Remote Desktop Connection”
- In the “Computer” field type the Full Computer Name you recorded earlier and press Connect.
- You will be prompted for your credentials. If your full computer name includes the word "Campus", you will enter campus\username in the username field. If your full computer name includes the word "PC", you will enter pc\username in the username field. Enter your ParklandOne password.
- If you receive a message indicating that Remote Desktop cannot find your computer using the name you supplied, contact the Tech Service Desk at 353-3333.
- When you are finished with your remote desktop session, you can disconnect by selecting the disconnect option from the Start Menu shutdown menu.
- After you have disconnected your Remote Desktop Connection, you may disconnect your Aruba VIA client.