Office 365 (Outlook on the Web) - Accessing Shared Departmental Email Accounts and Setting Up Auto Replies
To access a shared account via Outlook on the Web:
1. Log in to your account using Outlook on the web - https://go.parkland.edu
2. Go into your mail
3. In the upper right corner of the screen, click on the person icon or initials and choose Open Another Account.
4. Enter the name of the account you wish to access or you can search for it by typing in the first few characters. Click OK.
5. A new window should appear and you will be in the shared account
To create or edit an automatic reply from a shared account via Outlook on the Web:
Automatic replies for shared email accounts MUST be created through the web version of Outlook, not the client.
1. Click on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner and select View all Outlook Settings.
2. Select Automatic Replies.
3. To create an automatic reply, click on the option to Turn on automatic replies. It will then present you with the options pictured below and you can draft your reply and select Save.
4. Once saved, it is recommended that you send a test message to that account to make sure that the auto reply is working properly.
Phone/Virtual Assistance: 217-353-3333 * firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall/Spring: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th. / 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Fridays
Summer: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th