Office 365 (Outlook) - No Longer Receiving Messages from the Barracuda Spam Firewall
Parkland College uses the Barracuda Spam Firewall application to block spam emails coming into our email system. Sometimes the firewall tags legitimate outside senders as a threat and blocks them. If this happens, users may experience "missing emails" or "missing replies". In Outlook, the messages from the Barracuda Spam Firewall are often routed into your "Junk Email" folder and are not displayed correctly. This article describes how to move the Barracuda messages into your inbox. This process also allows the contents of the messages to appear properly.
1. Messages from the Barracuda Spam Firewall will often appear in your "Junk Email" folder in Outlook. They are entitled "Spam Quarantine Summary" and the contents do not display correctly.
2. Drag & Drop or Move the email into your "Inbox" and it will display correctly.
3. Once it is displayed properly, you have a few options. "Deliver" will deliver the email to your inbox. "Whitelist" delivers & prevents further email alerts from being generated for this address. "Delete" will delete the email permanently.
4. You can also access the Barracuda Spam Firewall directly by going to https://bsf.parkland.edu.
- Barracuda Spam Firewall - How to Access, Deliver Your Flagged Emails. and Whitelist / Blocklist Senders
Summer Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th.