Topics Map > Microsoft Office 365
Office 365 (Outlook 2013) - Connect Your Outlook Profile to a Social Network
NOTE: The new Outlook email system has the capability of linking with users’ social media accounts, for instance Facebook pages. While this may seem handy, this capability has the unintentional consequence of displaying your Facebook profile picture as part of your Parkland Outlook account, if you have not previously associated a picture with Outlook. For this reason and in general, it is recommended that you upload a professional photo of yourself as part of your Outlook profile. See the following KB article for help with this process: Office 365 (Web) - How do I add my picture?
1. Open the File menu at the top left of your screen. When you see the the Info tab, click the Account Settings icon. You’ll see a drop-down menu as pictured below. Alternatively, if you are in People, there is a link on the left-hand side beneath your list of contacts that says Connect to a social network. If you click on this, skip down to step number 3.
2. Click Social Network Accounts.
3. The Social Network Accounts dialog box will open. If you want to connect to your Facebook account, for example, check the box next to Facebook and enter your user name and password. Select Connect and then Finish.
4. You’ll now be able to view your contacts Facebook activities right in Outlook 2013 via People. Double-click on the person from your list of contacts and select What's New. Recent posts they created on the social networking site will appear.
5. In order to view the social networking updates within Mail, you must have the People Pane enabled. To do this, click on the View tab and in the People Pane click on the drop-down and make sure either Normal or Minimized is selected. If Normal is selected, when you are in an email message, you can select What's New in the People Pane section to view that contact's recent social network updates.