PC Print / Papercut - How to use the “Pay for Print” System at Parkland
This article explains how and where you can print your documents at Parkland College.
What is the purpose of the PC Print Printing System?
The purpose of PC Print is to reduce waste and to encourage the efficient use of printing resources in the Parkland Library (R201 & R227), the B117 CSIT lab, and in the Center for Academic Success (D120).
How much does it cost to print? - (Note: The system is free for Parkland employees)
- B/W prints - 10 cents/page
- Color prints - 50 cents/page
- B/W, double-sided prints - 15 cents/sheet
- Color, double-sided prints - 75 cents/sheet
All of the computers in the Center for Academic Success (D120), the B117 CSIT lab, and the Parkland Library (R201 & R227) are connected via the PC Print (a.k.a. Papercut) system. This means that no matter which site you are working in, you can pay for, print, and pick up your job(s) in any of the above locations.
1. Before you print, click on Print Preview to confirm that your document is exactly the way you want it. Remove any blank pages so that you do not get charged for them.
2. Select “PRINT.” The default printer setting, “PCPrint on ps1,” is single-sided, black and white, on 8.5 x 11 paper and can be paid for and printed in any of the above locations.
*Note: If you would like to print a color document you must select “PCPrintColor on ps1”
3. A dialogue box will appear and prompt you for your ParklandOne username and password.
4. Go to the release station computer located next to the printer and enter your user name and password. You will see a list of all the print jobs that you have sent (but not yet printed) in the last 24 hours. (Jobs not claimed within 24 hours will disappear.) Select the job you want to print and click on the “Print” button. All students are given $1.00 of complimentary print credit. To add more money, please log into the Add-Value station (located next to the release stations) with your ParklandOne username and password and insert the exact amount of cash/coins that you would like to add to your account. PLEASE NOTE: THE ADD VALUE STATIONS DO NOT GIVE CHANGE.
New! Now you can add money to your print account using a credit or debit card in the Library!
It's so easy! Go to the "Add Money" station with the yellow sign above it (it’s the machine on the right). Log into your print account, swipe your credit/debit card, and click "Done." That's it! Each swipe of your credit or debit card will deduct $2 and load it onto your print account.
If you have questions, or still aren't quite sure how to do it, please ask at the Library Desk or at the Tech Help Desk.
- Wireless Public Printing (Mobile Devices) - Verify Email Address for Email to Print (New Users Only)
- Wireless Public Printing (Laptops) - Web Print
- Wireless Printing (Mobile Devices) - Email to Print
- Wireless Printing (From Parkland Laptops Only) - Same as Desktop Printing
- Public Printing (Guests) - Self Registration for PaperCut