Parkland Wi-Fi (Faculty and Staff Access) - Connecting to PCNet - Windows 8 / 8.1
•Logins with ParklandOne credentials will be stored and retained preventing the need to authenticate on a daily basis.
Intended for use by Parkland employees for both personal devices and Parkland-owned devices.
•Traffic on the PCNet SSID is encrypted. (Note: user must accept the SSL certificate if prompted).
•Personal devices will be given limited access to Parkland network resources.
•Parkland-owned devices will be granted full access to the Parkland network.
•Note: When first connecting to PCNet, additional information must be provided. Enter your ParklandOne username and password when prompted for Identity and Password. If there is a CA Certificate field, you will need to select, "Don't Validate". Leave all other entries blank or at the default.
There are two ways to access your Wi-Fi network settings:
From the Start Screen:
- Move your cursor to the bottom right corner of your screen until you see the charms bar.
2. Click Settings and select Available.
- OR - From the traditional Desktop screen:
1. Click on the network icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
Once you are in your network settings:
Click on the "PCNet" network.
Check the "Connect automatically" icon.
Click on the "Connect" icon.
Enter your ParklandOne username and password.
The device should now automatically connect to the PCNet network when on campus.
- Parkland Wi-Fi (Faculty and Staff Access) - Connecting to PCNet
- Parkland Wi-Fi - Wireless Network Options
- ParklandOne - FAQ
Phone/Virtual Assistance: 217-353-3333 * email@example.com
Fall/Spring: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th. / 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Fridays
Summer: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th