Office 365 (Outlook 2013) - Resend or Recall an Email Message
Note: Resending and recalling messages can only be done through the Outlook client which is the fully installed version, not the version accessed through Office 365 on the web.
Resend an email message:
In Mail, in the Folder Pane, click Sent Items.
Double-click the message that you want to resend.
On the Message tab, in the Move group, click Actions, and then click Resend This Message.
A new message window opens. If there are multiple recipients, you can remove recipients who don’t need to receive the message again. Click the names that you want to remove, and then press Delete.
TipYou can also add recipients who weren’t on the original message, add or remove attachments, and change the contents of the message.
To resend multiple messages, repeat these instructions for each message. There isn’t a way to resend multiple messages at one time.
Recall an email message:
Note: Recalling a message can take up to two minutes to process and will only be successful if the following conditions are met:
- The recipient uses the Outlook client (not Outlook on the web or the Outlook app), and Outlook is running.
- The recipient is on the same Exchange server (a Parkland employee). It will not work if the message was sent to someone outside of the College.
- The recipient's mailbox must be open for the recall to succeed.
- The message must still be unread and in the recipient's Inbox.
- In Mail, in the Folder Pane, click Sent Items.
Double-click the message that you want to recall.
- On the Message tab, in the Move group, click Actions, and then click Recall This Message.
- The following pop-up will appear.
5. Select the appropriate options and click OK.