Topics Map > Cobra Learning
Cobra Learning: Glossary
The Glossary tool allows you to store terms and their definitions. Each course has its own glossary and you can populate this with explanations of concepts and terms that are relevant to the course. Users can then access this glossary and search for particular terms.
- Click Edit Course on the navbar, then click Glossary.
Creating glossary terms
- On the Glossary page, click New Term.
- Enter the Term name.
- Enter the term Definition.
- You can use the Spell Check and Preview options in the HTML Editor to check and preview your term.
If you want to link the glossary term to a content topic, select the topic from the Link to Content Topic drop-down list.
Note The content topic must already be created before linking the glossary term to it.
- Click Save.
Importing glossary terms
You can create all of the glossary words for your course on your computer and import them into Learning Environment all at once.
To import multiple glossary terms, you must supply a CSV (comma separated values) file containing your glossary information. Each field in this file should be separated by a comma and each row by a line break. The first field in the first row must contain the text 'Term' and the second field must contain the text 'Definition'. All subsequent rows will contain the actual terms and definitions that you want to import. A sample CSV file is available on the Import Terms page.
Import glossary terms
- On the Glossary page, click Import Terms.
- To see a sample import file, click Download sample CSV file.
- Once you have created a CSV import file, click Browse to search for your file, then click Open.
- Click Import Terms. A preview page displays, showing all the terms found in the CSV file.
- Select the check boxes beside the terms you want to import. By default, all terms are selected.
- If you want to modify the title or definition of any term before importing, you can do so directly from this page.
- Click Import Selected Terms to finish importing the terms.
Editing a glossary term
- On the Glossary page, click on the term that you want to edit.
- Make your changes.
- Click Save.
Deleting glossary terms
Delete a glossary term
On the Glossary page, click Delete from the context menu of the term you want to delete.
Delete multiple terms
- On the Glossary page, select the check boxes beside the terms you want to delete.
- Click Delete at the top of the list.