Office 365 (Web) - Create a Calendar item
To create a new appointment or meeting request in any view, choose or double-click (or double-tap) an open time slot on the day you want.
Create an appointment
After clicking you will begin adding details about your event.
1. Add a title and location.
2. Choose a start time and duration, and adjust the time of the reminder notification if you need to.
3.In the Show as list, choose how you want the appointment to appear on your calendar: Free, Working elsewhere, Tentative, Busy, or Away.
4. (Optional) You can make this a recurring appointment and you can mark the appointment as private.
5. Choose Save when you're done.
Create a meeting request
A meeting is a calendar event that you send to other people. You create a meeting the same way you do an appointment, but you invite attendees and may add a resource such as a conference room.
1. Choose and add a title and location. Please note that adding a location in that field does not send an alert to the owner of that room. You must click on the Add Room button instead and that will initiate the alert to the room ownerChoose a start time and duration, and adjust the time of the reminder notification if you need to.
2. Choose Add attendees + and choose the people you want to invite from your contacts list.
Tip You can use the Scheduling Assistant if you want to make sure everyone is available for the time you chose. If your organization supports it, you can also use the Scheduling Assistant to reserve a conference or other resource.
3. (Optional) You can make this a recurring meeting by choosing an option in the Repeat list.
4. Add a message for the meeting participants, and then choose Send to send the invitation.