Office 365 (Web) - Reading Pane Overview
The reading pane is where messages are displayed in Mail.
The reading pane is where messages are displayed. You not
only can read messages in the reading pane, but also respond to them
without opening a new window.
- To respond to a message, select Reply, Reply all, or Forward at the top of a message. A new message appears in the reading pane at the top of the message.
- To change the read status of a message, use Mark as read or Mark as unread.
- To view more options, select More for an extended menu.
To change the location of the reading pane
- On the nav bar, select Settings > Display settings > Reading pane
- Select one of the following:
Show reading pane on the right, the default setting.
- Show reading pane at bottom
Hide reading pane