Office 365 (Outlook on the Web) - Reading Pane Overview
The reading pane is where messages are displayed. You not
only can read messages in the reading pane, but also respond to them
without opening a new window.
- To respond to a message, select Reply at the top of a message or click on the drop-down arrow next to it for other choices such s Reply all or Forward. A new message will open appears in the reading pane.
- Add content to the body of the message and use the options across the top of the window to Send, Attach a file, or Discard.
- To view more options such as Insert signature, Check names, Set importance, etc., select More for an extended menu.
To change the location of the reading pane
- On the nav bar, select Settings > Display settings > Reading pane
- Select one of the following:
Show reading pane on the right (this is the default setting)
- Show reading pane at bottom
Hide reading pane
Phone/Virtual Assistance: 217-353-3333 * firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall/Spring: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th. / 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Fridays
Summer: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th