Office 365 (Outlook 2013/2016/2019) - How to Set Up Your Outlook Client Account Profile (Windows)
This document will provide step by step instructions on setting up your Outlook client profile (the installed version of Outlook). You will need to do this on each machine that you use when opening the client for the first time. Once the initial setup is complete, you will not need to perform this process again unless Campus Technologies has to rebuild the computer. Please note that the web-based version of Outlook does not require a profile to be set up.
Please Note: The images below reflect Outlook version 2013, but the instructions are applicable to the Outlook 2016 and 2019 clients as well.
1. On non-shared computers at Parkland, the Outlook client will be installed by default. It will not be installed on workstations that are used by multiple people such as classroom workstations, part-time faculty offices, conference room machines, public machines, etc. On shared/public machines, you will instead want to use the web-based version of Outlook at https://go.parkland.edu/mail. If you are needing to install the Outlook client on a personal computer, please click on the Install Office option at https://go.parkland.edu.
2. Start Outlook by double clicking on the Outlook icon (as seen below). If there is no icon, go to the start menu and do a search for "Outlook". When the listing for Outlook comes up, you can right-click on it and select "Pin to Taskbar".
3. If the Welcome to Outlook window immediately pops up, skip to step 5.
4. If the following
window is displayed, call the Tech Service Desk at 353-3333.
5. Click Next
6. Make sure the Yes option is selected and click Next
7. The “Your Name” and “E-mail Address” fields should auto-fill with your information. Click Next.
8. The system will prompt for a username and password. This username and password should be your email address and your ParklandOne password.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If it has auto-filled your email address and has inserted the word "campus" into it (as pictured below), please delete that word in order to reflect email@example.com. If you don't, your profile will not be set up properly.
Check the “Remember my credentials” box and select OK. It may prompt up to three times. If it prompts more than three times, call the Tech Service Desk at 217-353-3333 for assistance.
9. When Outlook is done setting up the profile, click Finish.
10. Outlook should load and display your inbox. If any questions or concerns should arise, please call the Tech Service Desk at 217-353-3333.
Phone/Virtual Assistance: 217-353-3333 * firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall/Spring: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th. / 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Fridays
Summer: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th