Office 365 (Outlook 2013 / 2016 for Win) - Calendar Scheduling Assistant
The Scheduling Assistant can be used to organize events and meetings when you are having to coordinate multiple people's schedules.
Use the Scheduling Assistant to quickly and easily schedule events and meetings:
- To create a new event or meeting, begin by opening your Calendar.
- At the top, click New Meeting.
- In the Meeting window, click Scheduling Assistant.
- Click Add Attendees. Here you can add users to either Required or Optional.
- If you are a Parkland employee who also needs to reserve a conference room, click on Add Rooms.
- Once you have added the attendees (and room), you will be able to check their availability.
- The key along the bottom defines what you are seeing on the calendar grid. Select a meeting time when everyone is free (or the majority are available). To do this, you can go down to the Start Time and End Time fields and manually enter them, OR you can slide the vertical blue bar in the calendar grid to the desired date/time, or you can left click on the desired date/time and the vertical blue bar will appear indicating that is your desired meeting time.
- To draft a message to go along with the meeting request, click Appointment in the top ribbon. It will import all of the information that you selected in the Scheduling Assistant and allow you to draft a message to the invitees.