Office 365 (Outlook 2013 / 2016 for Win) - How to Create a Note
Notes are the electronic equivalent of paper sticky notes. Use notes to jot down questions, ideas, reminders, and anything you would write on paper. You can leave notes open on the screen while you work. This is convenient when you are using notes for saving information that you might need later, such as directions or text you want to reuse in other items or documents.
1. If you are in Notes, click New Note from the Home tab.
2. Type the text of the note.
3. To close the note, click the note icon image in the upper-left corner of the note window , and then click Save & Close.
4. You can leave the note open while you work, and drag it to any location on your screen for easier viewing.
5. To read or change a note, in the Notes folder, double-click the note to open it. You can customize notes to make it easier to find and organize them.